Locations: Minneapolis, Galway, Portland, Mumbai
The primary responsibility of this position is to perform localization engineering tasks, support junior team members and liaise with engineering partners to ensure the department consistently meets or exceeds client expectations.
Essential Duties + Responsibilities:
- Perform file analysis on all new or update projects and liasie with PM’s / PC’s to clarify any exceptions.
- Liaise with the pricing department on client quotation requests for word counts and engineering estimations.
- Collate, research and implement client requirements when preparing files for translation phase.
- Mentor new and junior team members and be a direct point of contact to support team members in day to day tasks.
- In the post translation phase, review and validate translated files against client requirements before preparing files for client
- Execute memory management tasks to ensure maintenance of high quality client memories with latest translations imported.
- Troubleshoot, investigate and resolve technical issues related to engineering work ensuring all issues are recorded, undergo a root
cause analysis and have documented corrective actions.
- Develop engineering applications, tools and batch files to improve current processes for quality and efficiency.
- Provide internal technical support to teams as required on all engineering related issues.
- Document (and review) new procedures or steps in the Engineering Wiki and ensure all team members are made aware or trained
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert on the various translation platforms used in production (Trados, XTM, Catalyst, etc.) and answer
issues promptly in the ticket system. Provide training where applicable.
- Review and recommend to manager opportunities for continuous improvement and preventative actions to avoid any repetition of
issues in the Engineering department.
- Update and maintain ISO procedures, work instructions and check lists in relation to engineering functions when assigned by
- When assigned, evaluate new business tools and technologies and stay up to date on new markets trends that may impact on the
- Define and prepare tools, processes and files for software globalization and localization.
- For software localization projects, perform engineering bug fixes and resolve quality issues.
- Ensure Engineering partners and vendors have the appropriate work materials, instructions, training and support to complete
assigned tasks, including liasing on resolving any issues which may arise. Perform IQE’s on external engineering partners and
highlight quality issues.
- Undertake other tasks as may be required from time to time to meet business needs.
Education, Experience + Skills:
- Degree (BA, BS) in Computer Science / Information Technology-related subjects or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 3-year experience in a similar technical role
- A thorough understanding of localization & globalization concepts as well as knowledge of encoding, character sets, Unicode,
- Experience of Java, Win32 and .Net localization projects is essential. Good experience of web technologies / mark up languages
(HTML, XML, SOAP, .NET, C#, VB, XLIFF) would be an advantage.
- Experience in traditional desktop publishing applications (Framemaker, Indesign) is an advantage.
- Experience in using CAT tools (e.g Trados Studio, MemoQ, XTM, Catalyst and Madcap Flare).
- Development / coding experience a definite advantage.
- Ability to solve problems quickly and completely, and update team on fixes and new processes.
- Ability to multi-task in a time sensitive and deadline driven work environment and stay cool under pressure.
- Adaptable and flexible to changing work environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills essential.
- Ability to prioritize tasks while handling multiple projects simultaneously
Apply Now:(click here)