This role focuses on three key strands within the IT team:
- The IT Business Support Analyst acts as a liaison between the business and the development team. They provide the development team with a deeper understanding of the business requirements and customer needs and provide business users with a deeper understanding of the technology offering and capabilities.
- The QA responsibilities support the IT group in delivering high quality applications and systems that meet or exceed internal business user’s needs with recorded results for audit purposes.
- The Support responsibilities contribute to the smooth deployment of new IT functionality into operations through the process of training, user documentation and operational support once in production. The support responsibilities also extend to supporting legacy functionality.
Essential Duties + Responsibilities:
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, and decompose high-level information into detailed user requirements following standard templates for the development team.
- Elicit requirements using meetings, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis.
- Support the development team to understand confusing, ambiguous, or conflicting requirements and follow up with the business for clarity when required.
- Drive and challenge business users on their assumptions and requirements by asking the questions that help them visualize the desired system behaviour.
- Provide early demos/prototypes/screenshots to the business users to confirm requirements and direction.
- Actively participate in the agile sprint planning and review, retrospectives and the daily stand-up.
- Review and evaluate the user requirements and design documents before converting to test plan/test cases that will be used to verify the system meets the end user needs.
- Liaise with Business Analyst to clarify the requirements to an acceptable level of detail.
- Research and assess technology offerings to bring continual improvements to the business.
- Assess the effort required for testing and produce estimates of time to be spent on work.
- Execute test cases during system testing.
- Manage and prioritize defects from detection through to resolution.
- Participate in regression test cycles and support UAT activity.
- Create and provide appropriate level of training and user documentation of the new system functionality.
- Provide support to the Operations team on the key systems within agreed SLA timelines.
- Analyse root cause of support requests and implement preventative actions to prevent future occurrence.
- Ensure highest quality of service to the business by ensuring all tasks are completed following best practices and documented as necessary.
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Looks for and implements opportunities for continuous improvement in the department.
- Undertakes other tasks as may be required from time to time to meet business needs.
Education, Experience + Skills:
- Third level qualification in IT or a technology related program with a clear aptitude for self-learning of technology solutions.
- 2+ years experience in an IT role, ideally within the localization industry with experience of different technologies and
multiple work flows.
- Knowledge and skills of SQL DBs, statements and stored procedures is an advantage.
- Motivated to introduce innovative ideas that will improve existing IT workflows.
- Detail orientated with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills ensuring right level of detail for different audiences.
- Ability to multi-task in a time sensitive and deadline driven work environment.
- Listening skills, to understand what people say and to detect what they might be hesitant to say.
- Observational skills, to validate data obtained via other techniques and expose new areas for elicitation.
- Organizational skills, to work with the vast array of information gathered during elicitation.
- Interpersonal skills, to help negotiate priorities and to resolve conflicts among project stakeholders
Apply Now:(click here)