Locations: Galway, Mumbai
The DTP Specialist’s overall objective is to have responsibility for the Desktop Publishing of the final localized client product, offering DTP input within business processes. The DTP Specialist will also be required to typeset target document for localization requirements, complete final document packages in compliance with project and client specific instructions.
Essential Duties + Responsibilities:
- Typeset documents according to guidelines specified by Clients, Project Manager or other relevant manager.
- Prepare source documents for translation and processing through CAT tools and L10N workflow.
- Review final output product to ensure highest quality on delivery.
- Meet deadlines specified by Project Management/Project Coordinator, ensuring clear communication if project deadlines are potentially at risk.
- Meet agreed productivity expectations and performance standards, and escalates any matter which may potentially jeopardize this with DTP Coordinator & DTP Manager.
- Maintain TS, eTS and productivity logs, as required.
- Engage with Doc Eng Teams to resolve CAT tool related issues.
- Engage with QC regarding recommended edits to document as per client/project requirements.
- Escalate any potential concerns regarding DTP with Project Management/Project Coordinator.
- Take responsibility for personal learning and training needs to master the company services, client requirements, new technologies and effectively apply.
- Contribute to the development of DTP processes and documentation.
- Report to appropriate personnel over deadlines, formatting, language and any other issues relating to projects.
- Other duties, as reasonably requested.
Education, Experience + Skills:
- Degree in a related field (Desktop Publishing, L10N, Graphic Design, etc.) preferred
- Must be professional, able to handle multiple tasks quickly and efficiently.
- Must be able to interact and work as a team with other employees, managers, and produce high quality work.
- Good knowledge of Windows and/or Mac OS required.
- Knowledge of at least one of the following applications required: Adobe Acrobat, InDesign, FrameMaker, Articulate, QuickSilver, Illustrator, QuarkXPress, LiveCycle, DocuProof or other DTP applications.
- Knowledge of e-learning/e-publishing an advantage.
- Knowledge of Structured FrameMaker and DITA an advantage.
- Knowledge of CAT Tools an advantage.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
Apply Now:(click here)