Location: Galway, IRE
The primary responsibility of this position is to perform QA Testing tasks and to ensure that the department consistently meets both client and internal stakeholder’s expectations by providing exceptional service, quality and value. The QA Engineer will focus on providing testing services (manual and automated) for software localization projects and ULG’s own technology solutions.
Essential Duties + Responsibilities:
– All tasks associated with software testing for external localization and internal projects including creation of test cases, executing test cases, bug management etc. This includes supporting ULG engineering partners with any QA specific issues e.g. assigning clear work instructions and giving estimated time to be spent on the associated task and in addition supporting the language testers on any issues that arise during testing.
– Communicate with the wider team and Project Manager throughout the duration of the projects in a timely manner and update them on the exact status of production.
– Work with Business Analysts to ensure that requirements are sufficient to drive the creation of appropriate test plans, test cases and test results for all internal developed solutions.
– Suggest, investigate and where possible implement continuous improvement initiatives to resolve problems, improve processes and meet or exceed the technical needs of ULG clients, partners and teams. This requires consistent review all QA engineering processes to ensure that we are using the most efficient processes, methodologies and tools for each job.
– Management of the automation backlog to ensure with your manager’s input correct priority of automation development based on risk to the business. This includes verifying newly introduced features\bugs are added to the backlog as required.
– Creation and maintenance of the QA test automation suite to verify the key functionality of the critical systems\features to bring efficiencies, savings and consistency to the internal QA test effort on internal developed solutions.
– Reporting test automation results\defects to business stakeholders.
– Document automation solutions as necessary.
– Execute and provide feedback into the QA test methodology and ISO standards for internal tools and applications ensuring external clients and auditors expectations are met or exceeded. Update and maintain all ISO procedures, work instructions and check lists in relation to the QA engineering functions.
– Work with Pricing Manager or PM’s on QA test estimates for quotes for new clients/projects.
– Ensure highest quality level of testing by applying a strict quality control process for all jobs.
– Other duties as may be reasonably requested from time to time.
Education, Experience + Skills:
– 2+ years post qualification Software Testing/QA engineering experience, ideally with a software publisher or localization vendor.
– An IT or Computer-related qualification and extensive computing experience.
– Experience with Programming languages – Java, CSS, HTML and C# and Automation tool e.g. Selenium or QTP a distinct advantage.
– CI/Deployment tools – experience with maintaining Jenkins and ensuring all builds function as expected
– Experience with TestNG, Maven, Ant, Junit and Cucumber frameworks
– Ability to multi-task in a time sensitive and deadline driven work environment and stay cool under pressure.
– Ability to prioritize tasks while handling multiple projects simultaneously.
– Detail orientated.
– Adaptable and flexible to changing work environment.
– Ability to work productively in a team.
Apply Now:(click here)