The DTP Specialist will have overall responsibility for the Desktop Publishing and Quality Control (DTP/QC) quality of the final localised client product, offering DTP/QC input within business processes. Required to interface with multiple teams, managers and external contacts, the DTP Specialist will provide superior service, technical and tactical expertise in all DTP areas of the project.
Essential Duties + Responsibilities
• Reviews and works on scope analysis of new project proposals from a DTP perspective to determine time frame, suitable process and resources.
• Typesets documents according to guidelines specified by Clients, Project Manager or other relevant Manager.
• Review source documents from clients to provide accurate estimate information to estimating team
• Prepares source documents for translation and importation to CAT tools
• Completes layout for active projects in multiple languages, in a number of programs and across Mac and PC platforms
• Reports to appropriate personnel over deadlines, formatting, language and any other issues relating to projects.
• Provide input to vendor qualification to ensure appropriate skills match, quoting and pricing.
• Creates and evaluates initial and on-going quality testing on DTP vendors.
• Proactively looks for opportunities for best practices, technology standards and continuous improvement of self and team skills
• Engage closely with Doc Eng Teams to resolve CAT tool related issues
• Undertake other tasks as may be required from time to time to meet business needs.
Education, Experience + Skills
• Degree in a related field (DTP, graphic design, localization, etc.)
• At least 2-5 years DTP experience required, preferably within the localization or translation industry.
• Strong technical abilities in a Windows environment, including advanced familiarity with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Visio)
• Knowledge of at least two of the following applications is required: Acrobat, InDesign, FrameMaker, Articulate, QuickSilver, Illustrator, QuarkXPress, LiveCycle or other DTP applications.
• Knowledge of Structured FrameMaker and DITA and advantage.
• Working knowledge with Windows & Mac OS required.
To get details and apply, send an email to HRteam@ulgroup.com.