DTP Global lead
Location: Galway, IRE & Minnesota, MN
The Global DTP Lead works with the Regional Operations Leads, the Regional Team Leads and the Global Shared Services Director to position resources, both people and equipment/systems, to meet a variety of client needs, including quality and response time, in a cost competitive manner. The DTP/QC/TCF/PF resources are responsible for source document assessment, preparation of files for translation with CAT tools, recreation/layout of documents in the target languages and quality control of the final product for delivery to client specifications. The position requires strong leadership skills, planning skills, the ability to motivate teams and to execute plans across globally diverse sites.
Essential Duties + Responsibilities:
– Manage the implementation of appropriate solutions to deliver DTP/QC/TCF/PF services to the global operations teams within agreed SLAs.
– Drive communication, development planning and performance management of global team.
– Ensure culture of innovation and excellent internal customer relations.
– Ensure Global DTP/QC/TCF/PF resources meet all corporate and legal, regional requirements.
– Create DTP/QC/TCF/PF metrics/KPI’s to drive evaluation and controls.
– Act as functional strategist in developing global DTP/QC/TCF/PF strategies to maximize efficiencies.
– Ensure Global DTP/QC/TCF/PF resources are efficiently and effectively managed to support delivery of current and new projects; includes project costs, timeline, outsourcing needs, etc.
– Act as escalation point for any DTP/QC/TCF/PF issues raised on a global level.
– Collaborate with PM to manage service recovery situations; identify service failures and implement recovery plans.
– Ensure Global DTP/QC/TCF/PF teams maintain corporate and legal compliance, quality standards, training requirements and company SOP’s.
– Other duties as reasonably requested
Education, Experience + Skills:
– Degree in a related field (Desktop Publishing, Quality Control, L10N, Graphic Design, Data Processing, Business, Management, etc.) preferred.
– 3+ years’ Lead experience required
– 3+ years’ Project Management experience preferred.
– 7+ years of experience in translation and/or L10N preferred, ideally with direct experience with CAT tools.
– Knowledge of current document review and document comparison tools used in the translation/localization space.
– Solid grasp on current translation technology solutions including a knowledge of MS Office, Visio, Adobe Acrobat, Articulate, Adobe InDesign, Adobe FrameMaker, MadCap Flare or other DTP/QC applications.
– Understanding of programming languages and technologies, like XML, Structured FrameMaker and DITA content.
– Demonstrated supervisory, leadership, and staff management skills.
– Proficiency working in a collaborative environment to assess and remedy problems.
– Works with minimal direction; independently initiating & innovating new programs, unit growth, development & change.
– Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills.
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Apply Now:(click here)