Desktop Publishing, Lead
The DTP Lead works with team to position resources, both people and equipment/systems, to meet a variety of client needs, including quality and response time, in a cost-effective manner. The document engineering/localization resources support the CAT tool processing, optimization and subsequent testing of document and software files during the translation/localization process.
Essential Duties + Responsibilities
• Manage the implementation of appropriate solutions to deliver DTP and document engineering services to the global operations teams within agreed SLAs.
• Drive communication, development planning and performance management of team
• Create DTP and document engineering metrics/KPI’s to drive evaluation and controls
• Ensure culture of innovation and excellent internal customer relations
• Act as functional strategist in developing site DTP and Document Engineering strategies to maximize efficiencies
• Ensure site PC resources meet all corporate and legal, regional requirements
• Act as escalation point for any DTP and document engineering issues raised at local site.
• Collaborate with PM to manage service recovery situations; identify service failures & implement recovery plans
• Ensure site DTP teams maintain corporate & legal compliance, quality standards & training regulations
• Other duties as may be reasonably requested from time to time.
Education, Experience + Skills
• BA/BS in Graphic Design, Data Processing, Business or equivalent combination of education and experience
• 3-5 years of experience in translation and/or localization, ideally with direct experience with CAT tools
• 2 years’ project management experience; solid grasp on current translation technology solutions
• Understanding of programming languages and the localisation of XML, HTML, and DITA based content
• Demonstrated supervisory, leadership, and staff management skills
• Proficiency working in a collaborative environment to assess and remedy problems
• Work under general direction independently, initiating & innovating new programs, development & change.
Apply Now:<(click here)