Location: Galway, IRE
The Application Developer position will be responsible for creation, modification, and support of business-critical applications in United Language Group. The position may work with internal and external clients to interpret, document and analyze the technical requirements for the various systems. The position may work as part of a team or independently as complexity, skill set and ULG needs demand.
Essential Duties + Responsibilities:
– Ensure all requirements are understood, documented and analyzed appropriately for maximum efficiency in the coding, test and deploy process.
– Adhere to the ULG Project Life Cycle, development methodology, ITIL, ISO program standards and IT controls for best coding practices, testing, systems acceptance, change control, and security.
– Adhere to project timelines and deliverable, effective communication of changes or disruptions to the schedule with a focus on expectation alignment.
– Utilize new technologies and practices to make our solutions more feature rich and improve our ability to deliver cost effective and time sensitive solutions.
– Work with team lead and peers to proactively suggest areas of improvements and enhancements.
– Be responsible for project software design and support overall enterprise architecture design
– Provide accurate and complete software development estimates for large software projects.
– Other duties as may be reasonably requested from time to time.
Education, Experience + Skills:
– Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology
-7-10 years of application programming experience using industry standard development tools for Unix and/or Windows development environments.
– 7-10 years of successful database application development and support with background in SQL databases, including writing and optimizing stored procedures, defining tables and integrity rules.
– Programming experience in J2EE, and Flash, or .Net C# / VB, XML, HTML, XSLT
– Experience working with MS SQL Server, MYSQL, or Oracle.
Apply Now:(click here)