The Project Coordinator will consistently meet or exceed Elections team expectations by consistently following through on his/her assigned work, taking direction from the PC Team Lead, PM Team Lead, and Elections Program Manager as appropriate, and contributing to the success of the Elections Team as required. The primary responsibility of this position is to manage projects across all steps between the Project Manager’s touchpoints in order to achieve the highest level of client, external vendor, and internal resource satisfaction, quality, efficiency, and timeliness. Additionally, an Elections PC will be expected to manage irregular workloads across unpredictable Elections cycles, sometimes balancing Elections work with regular client work, and successfully managing work hand-offs in between. During Elections peaks, overtime (evenings and weekends) can be consistent and occasionally heavy.
Elections Program Manager or PM Team Lead
Essential Duties + Responsibilities
- Create online work requests for vendors, confirming correct job instructions.
- Make resource allocation/vendor selections for Language, DTP, and QC services based upon availability, qualifications, and cost considerations while maintaining quality standards.
- Foster effective working relationships with vendors and ULG stakeholders to promote and continuously improve service levels.
- Proactively manage projects through each stage of the process for which the PC is responsible within prescribed time frames, promptly signaling any production issues, concerns, or delays to the PM.
- Manage online tracking sheets to ensure that proper sign-offs are documented in a timely manner.
- Ensure receipt of proper files from vendors within prescribed timeframes.
- Ensure proper naming and placement of files from vendor in proper on-line directory.
- Review vendor invoices against estimates and system-generated data and approve them to ensure accurate and timely vendor payment.
- Maintain daily communication with PM and/or other department representatives as necessary to keep assigned projects on track.
- Act as point of contact and liaison for vendors, responding appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Follow ULG best practices, adhere to regulations, and use appropriate systems.
- Take responsibility for personal learning and training needs and effectively apply industry-specific technology.
- Actively contribute to the success of the greater Elections Team by performing related duties as necessary in a fast-paced, unpredictable work environment.
Education, Experience + Skills
- Strong computer acumen, including familiarity with Windows, MS Office, and PDF annotation, as well as a knack for technical problem-solving
- Ability to multitask in a time-sensitive and deadline-driven work environment, staying cool under pressure
- Adaptable and flexible in a constantly changing work environment
- Ability to work within a team environment while maintaining independent work
- Ability to work non-standard, unpredictable hours during peak Election cycle periods
- Localization industry experience preferred
- Fluency in two or more languages (including English) preferred
- 3-5 years relevant experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
United Language Group is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. United Language Group prohibits unlawful
discrimination and harassment and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and any other protected class status
under applicable federal and applicable state law.