The Project Manager will consistently meet or exceed client expectations by providing exceptional service, quality and cost
efficiency on every project. While working on multiple projects and accounts, they will support the day to day operation within
their team as required by interfacing directly with clients, creating client estimates, planning and managing budgets and deadlines,
working with internal and external resources such as translators, desktop publishers and quality assurance, utilizing localization
and project management software and ensuring high quality end results.
Essential Duties + Responsibilities
- Determines complete project specifications and instructions from client including terminology and style preferences.
- Consults and advises clients on the workflow or job production process, negotiating timelines and process for project
- In conjunction with the Pricing Team, approves timelines on complex projects and is accountable for delivering
according to schedule.
- Is accountable for the client experience and relationship with ULG, clearly identifying customer goals and expectations
and effectively anticipating and addressing client needs and concerns.
- In service recovery situations maintains client relationships by identifying root cause of service failure and developing
a clear recovery plan that satisfies client, communicating status as appropriate to client, management and following
through on actions to final resolution.
- Ensures that time and costs on each project are managed effectively and monitored closely according to the estimate
and negotiated accordingly with the various production resources.
- Is responsible for organizing project specific “kick-off” meetings and/or ongoing production meetings, as needed.
- Works with Vendor Management and Project Coordinator’s to ensure utilization of the most cost effective vendors and
maintaining quality standards.
- Identifies opportunities within strategic accounts globally for short and long-term revenue growth and be required to
support preparation for client presentations, proposals and meetings.
- Prepares essential data for job invoicing.
- Takes responsibility for personal learning and training needs to master the company services, client requirements, new
technology and effectively apply.
- Other duties as may be reasonably requested from time to time
Education, Experience + Skills
- College degree in a related field (Languages, Business, Project Management, etc.) and 2+ year of project coordination/
project management experience, or 3-5+ years of previous project experience in lieu of college degree.
- Ability to multi-task in a time sensitive and deadline driven work environment and stay cool under pressure.
- Fluency in two or more languages (including English) is an advantage
- Strong computer skills including PC and proficiency and familiarity with Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, e-mail, and
Equal Employment Opportunity
United Language Group is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. United Language Group prohibits unlawful
discrimination and harassment and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and any other protected class status
under applicable federal and applicable state law.