The Operations Manager plans, organizes, directs and monitors production processes to meet and exceed desired production margins, deadlines and customer expectations. This requires working cross-functionally to position resources, to meet a variety of client needs, including quality and response time, in a cost competitive manner. The position requires strong leadership skills, planning skills, the ability to motivate teams and to execute plans while maintaining financial targets.
Essential Duties + Responsibilities
• Manage a team that is responsive to local markets and able to share workload through the use of standard operating procedures and global shared services to ensure projects are priced and delivered on time to agreed quality and margin.
• Manage the implementation of appropriate solutions to deliver translation and localization services.
• Drive communication, development planning and performance management within the Project Management & Operations teams. Responsible for recruitment, retention, coaching, developing, mentoring and training the assigned teams.
• Generates PM team metrics and project KPI’s; drive continuous improvements and best practices across the site.
• Ensure the development of a culture of excellent customer relations with a strong focus on continuous improvement.
• Work cross-functionally to influence the overall strategic direction, profitability, and growth of the business.
• In service recovery situations, work closely with the assigned Project Manager & Quality to identify the root cause of the service failure and develop a clear recovery plan that satisfies the client.
• Understand, adhere to & instill Quality expectations; ensure that team members are compliant to defined standards
• Seek new business opportunities with current and potentially new clients, participating in the sales process as required.
• Other duties as may be reasonably requested from time to time.
Education, Experience + Skills
• BA/BS in Business or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 7 – 10 years of experience in translation, multilingual DTP, and/or localization project management.
• Demonstrated knowledge of operational management, including but not limited to financial and staff management, policy and procedure development, document translation and quality control.
• Demonstrated supervisory, leadership, and staff management skills
• Solid understanding of current translation technology and automated workflow solutions.
• Proven customer relations track record.
• Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills.
• Self-directed. Ability to work under general direction in an independent mode
Apply Now: HRTeam@ulgroup.com