The primary purpose of this role is to analyze potential new projects from existing, established clients in order to ensure that correct costing is provided and quotes are delivered to the client accurately and on time.
Essential Duties + Responsibilities
- Liaise with DTP, Engineering, Vendor Management, Project Management and other functions to determine complexity of files received and ensure projects are fully scoped.
- Gather relevant data using the clients’ pricing structure and generate job quote / template within specified time frame.
- Escalate any complex project requests to the Global Pricing Lead and/or engage with relevant staff to discuss scope.
- Consult with clients where necessary in order to obtain further details necessary to price jobs.
- Complete template data for billing quotes/estimates to ensure Finance can accurately bill on time.
- Drives the requirement for consistently exceptional presentation of quotes along with professional, high value communication to our quoting customers (End customers, PM’s & sales team).
- Identifies opportunities within existing client base to develop additional revenue streams.
- Ensure quote tracking log is kept up to date and analyze data to determine status on quotes issued.
- Work with various teams within the company including finance, operations and sales teams.
- Work on multiple quote requests simultaneously.
- Liaise with senior team members to ensure quotes are prioritized and completed within the required timeframe
- Other duties as may be reasonably requested from time to time.
Education, Experience + Skills
- 3 plus years’ experience in busy, fast paced finance / logistics / pricing or quoting environment with excellent computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Excel and other Office applications.
- Demonstrated service orientation with a desire to exceed customer expectations.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment and stay cool under pressure.
- Commercial orientation – negotiating and financial skills to control costs and maximize profitability for the function and client projects.
- Detail oriented with experience of completing responsibilities against deadlines.
- Adaptable and flexible to changing work environment.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication and time-management skills.
- Be able to work well as part of a team while also being able to complete tasks independently.