The Global Shared Services Director plans, organizes and directs global shared services resources and processes to exceed stakeholder expectations. This requires working with Regional Operations Directors/Managers and the Global Functional Leads to ensure Language, DTP, Engineering, QC, Pricing and Project Coordination resources are appropriately aligned to deliver translation/localization projects in a cost competitive manner. The position requires strong leadership and forecasting skills, as well as the ability to execute plans across globally diverse sites.
Essential Duties + Responsibilities
- Manage the implementation of appropriate solutions to deliver Global shared services within agreed SLAs
- Drive communication, development planning and performance management of team of Functional Leads
- Create Global Shared Services metrics/KPI’s to drive evaluation and controls
- Ensure culture of innovation and excellent internal customer relations
- Act as Shared Services strategist in developing strategies to maximize efficiencies and cost effectiveness
- Ensure Global Shared Services resources are efficiently and effectively managed to support delivery of current and new projects; including management of project costs, timeline, outsourcing needs, etc.
- Ensure Global Shared Services resources meet all corporate and legal, regional requirements
- Act as escalation point for any Shared Services issues raised on a global level
- Collaborate with Project Management and Quality teams to manage service recovery situations; identify service failures and implement recovery plans
- Ensure Global Shared Services teams maintain corporate and legal compliance, quality standards, training requirements and company SOPs
- Other duties as may be reasonably requested
Education, Experience + Skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-driven, results-orientated with a positive outlook and a clear focus on high quality and business profit. Views this role as a stepping stone to career progression and development.
- Effective time management and organization skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Previous sales environment experience preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
United Language Group is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. United Language Group prohibits unlawful discrimination and harassment and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and any other protected class status under applicable federal and applicable state law.