The Front End Developer will be responsible for creating graphically intensive user interfaces while using out of the box thinking to create new techniques to visualize data. Using bleeding edge technology, the ideal candidate will take ownership for the design, development and implementation of new applications that turn massive real-time datasets from the world’s top financial markets into something beautiful and intuitive.
Essential Duties + Responsibilities
- Create highly responsive front end pages
- Visualize Data
- Work with business users to gather functional requirements.
- Work with client architect/senior developers to do high level/low level design/architecture.
- Coding and implementation using best practices to produce high performing/scalable/secured modules.
- Unit Testing/Integration Testing.
- Code Configuration and Release Management.
- Production Support and Bug Fixes.
Education, Experience + Skills
- 6+ years of professional software development experience
- Experience on code bases greater than 2 million lines of code
- Understanding of Functional Programming Concepts
- Ability to visualize data / data science experience
- Knowledge and experience with Adobe Illustrator
- Relational SQL experience with large data sets, views and stored procedures
- Document Database Experience using Map Reduce
- Data modeling and data warehouse experience
- Ability to start green field projects and propose designs
- Experience architecting high performance multi-tier systems
- Experience writing code that deals with extremely large sets of data
- HTML5, CSS, LESS
- C#, any scripting language
Experience with One or More of:
- Queuing technologies: Rabbit, IBM MQ, ZeroMQ, MSMS MQ, Signal R, Redis
- Demonstrate proficiency with unit testing with one or more of the following technologies: Jasmine, nUnit, xUnit
Equal Employment Opportunity
United Language Group is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. United Language Group prohibits unlawful
discrimination and harassment and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and any other protected class status
under applicable federal and applicable state law.